Who hasn't heard of Henry Ford? Most of us are familiar with the name, but how much do we actually know about him? Keep reading to learn a bit more about this incredible man.
- Henry Ford was born on July 30th, 1863 in Michigan.
- April 7th, 1947 was Henry Ford's last day of life. He died of a cerebral brain hemorrhage.
- Henry married Clara Bryant in 1888.
- In 1893, Clara gave birth to Henry's son, Edsel.
- Edsel would later go on to help Henry with his business ventures.
- In 1901, Henry was unemployed and in search of ways to make money to provide for his family.
- In 1903, Henry and a few investors founded the Ford Company with just $28,000.
- Ford introduced the Model T in 1908.
- In 1913, Ford started the first moving assembly line. He is still known as the father of moving assembly lines by many folks today.
- In September of 1945, Henry resigned as president of the Ford Company and gave the position to his grandson, Henry.
As you can see, Henry Ford led a rather active life. He was constantly inventing new things and finding ways to reinvent his company. Over the years, the Ford Company has provided thousands of jobs for Americans of all ages, races, and backgrounds. The Ford Company has always been on top of trends and busy introducing new models to the public, from the Model T to current models like the Fusion and Escape. Can you imagine what life would be like if it wasn't for Henry Ford? We might still be walking and riding horses everywhere.